Do you and your children know what to do in case your home or community is affected by storm, fire, flood or other disaster? Unfortunately, several families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency happens, there is a great chance you will not all be together. This is why creating a plan for your family is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis wants to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a designed to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Simply download the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan PDF file to your computer and fill out the sections in the document. Save it, print a copy for each family member and email a copy to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should plan to have a supply of water, food and other essentials in the case of emergencies. Paul Davis highly recommends preparing an “Emergency Ready Kit” and leaving it in an accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
- Water – one gallon per person, per day for a minimum of three days
- Food – minimum 3-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make sure you are aware of disaster plans with your community, schools, employer, etc. Be aware of the closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure everyone in your family knows how to get there on their own. Rehearse and review your plan with your family at least twice a year.
It is important to have a plan in place so your family will be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. We at Paul Davis want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our friends and neighbors. Please download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by water, fire, mold, storm or any other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form